I love to read. My mind is a fast moving machine and I need to constantly give it something to gobble up. Each year I try to have a book ‘focus’. This year, I’ve been reading some non-fiction books on relationships. Seeing as how I am getting married in September, it seemed an appropriate focus for the year.
Most of the books I enjoyed reading last year were about business and personal growth. In 2016 I wanted to gobble up as much knowledge as I could because I was brand new to this whole “entrepreneurship” dealio. I wanted to learn, and still am learning, as much as I can about how to start and run a successful business in the creative industry.
What I’m realizing though, is that many of the books I read apply to much more than just “creative industries” or “business success” or ‘relationships’. Many of the principles I read about are consistent across the board for growth in general life.
Set Realistic Goals
Open-mindedness + Willingness
and most of all, be TRUE TO YOU.
What good books have you read? I would love to add them to my ‘must read’ list!
Here’s a compilation of my top 10 favorites (in no special order) that I read last year:
1. Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
2. GRIT – Angela Duckworth
3. The Miracle Morning – Hal Elrod
4. Awaken The Giant Within – Tony Robbins
5. The Seven Decisions – Andy Andrews
6. The Motivation Manifesto – Brendon Burchard
7. You Are A BadAss – Jen Sincero
8. #GIRLBOSS – Sophia Amoruso
9. The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
10. The Lean Startup – Eric Ries