If you are celebrating one of life’s big moments, or you are simply passionate about doing what you love, your passion deserves to be documented. This is where I come in. Together we can capture these moments in a way that words can not.
How does it work?
1. Give me a call or send me an email. We can chat over the phone or meet up for coffee. I want to get to know you and hear your story! CONTACT
2. Prepare for the session. There are a few important things to do and discuss before you get in front of the camera.
LOCATION OPTIONS –
If this is your first time visiting Charleston, or if you are new to the area you may want to take a look at some of my favorite location options. Have a specific location in mind? I am happy to travel to you within a 10 mile radius of Charleston. Outside the area will require an additional travel fee. Click here to check out some of my favorite spots for photo sessions: LOCATIONS
WHAT TO WEAR –
Need some tips on what to wear for your upcoming session? No problem. Most people have no idea how to dress and coordinate outfits that will photograph well. Click here to read TOP 10 TIPS ON WHAT TO WEAR
POSING TIPS –
Whether you are getting ready to say ‘I DO’, or taking your family to the beach for some fun candid photos, there are a few basic things to keep in mind. Everyone wants to put their best face forward and look the most flattering in front of the camera. With these 3 simple tips you can master your stance so that every photo of you is flattering without looking ‘too posed’. TOP 3 TIPS ON POSING
3. Investment. To see a basic pricing menu click HERE. For an exact quote please contact me directly.
I accept Venmo, Cash, Check, Money order, Visa, and Master card.
4. The Form. I know this part does not sound so exciting…I assure you, all the forms are digital so it just takes a moment. Plus, the more detailed information I have, the more I can cater to your needs to ensure that the final product will be the exactly what you expect (and better!)
As soon as you choose your photography package, I will email you a custom ‘WEDDING AGREEMENT FORM’. This will be the legal documentation that both parties will be required to sign before your date is ‘officially’ locked in.
Wedding Family + Details Form This form will only need to be filled out 30 days prior to your wedding day. It helps me have all the details I need to prepare for your big day!
Event Details Form This will need to be filled out as soon as you book your event.
Photo Session :
Model Release Form This will need to be filled out prior to your session.
5. Photo session time! By this point, we’ve ironed out all the details. All you need to do is show up looking like a rockstar and HAVE FUN!
6. You can expect your images to be edited, retouched, and available for viewing on an online gallery within 2 weeks max- that’s a promise!
7. Ordering- I offer a wide variety of products: digital files, prints, wall portraits, keepsakes, custom designed albums, etc. Most products you can order right from the online gallery and they will ship directly to you in a few business days. Click here to see all the PRODUCTS OFFERED.
Why choose Melissa?
What my clients are saying:
“Melissa is incredible, to say the very least! She has photographed numerous work events for me, and she took our maternity photos and my daughter’s newborn photos! We LOVE her! Melissa is energetic, sweet, amazing with babies, and so enthusiastic about what she does. You can tell she’s passionate about photography and working with her clients! We honestly cannot say enough good things about Melissa. She is super fast getting the images back to you.. A huge plus! And her creativity is always refreshing. Five stars for sure!” – JILL MARTINELLI
“Melissa met me on Sullivan’s Island to take a few professional pictures for me to use as a musician. She was amazing to work with. We had a great time and I felt so beautiful when I saw what she had captured! I feel like she did a great job bringing out my personality and captured images that I feel TRULY represent me and that I’m proud to display. She is amazing at what she does and I would highly recommend her for any event. She gave great direction and was extremely professional as well.” – JESSIE HUCKS
“Melissa did an amazing job photographing our wedding! She was very professional and directed the wedding party for the best shots. Most of my friends who have gotten married wait at least a month or more to get their photos back. Not Melissa! After a week and a half, a beautiful slideshow (that my husband and I cried to) and the entire online photo album was ready. I would definitely recommend her for any event!” – AMANDA REYNOLDS
“The moment I met Melissa I knew I was in the presence of a kind and knowledgable professional. First let me say I do not like having my picture taken at all! Within minutes Melissa had me smiling, laughing and at times just chatting away with her and completely forgetting I was actually having my picture taken! The end result was that I got to spend time with a friendly, creative, great person AND my photos turned out beautifully! Every single photo showed a smiling & confident me…I was also amazed how Melissa was able to make a simple background of a wall w ivy or a few plants here and there look so colorful and alive. Melissa was also fantastic with follow up and keeping in touch. I highly recommend Melissa, she is a truly talented professional.” – TAMMY LYONS
“Melissa Miley was absolutely fabulous!!!!! She is so sweet and professional! She jumped right in and helped out like she was family! The pictures are just breathtaking! We had the wedding on Folly Beach and the breeze was a going but we still had awesome pictures!!! Thank you so much Melissa, you’re definitely our family photographer now!!!!” – JENNIFER MULLINAX
As Featured in: