How does it work?
1. Give me a call or send me an email. We can chat over the phone or meet up for coffee. I want to get to know you and hear your story! CONTACT
2. Prepare for the session. There are a few important things to do and discuss before you get in front of the camera.
LOCATION OPTIONS –
If this is your first time visiting Charleston, or if you are new to the area you may want to take a look at some of my favorite location options. Have a specific location in mind? I am happy to travel to you within a 10 mile radius of Charleston. Outside the area will require an additional travel fee. Click here to check out some of my favorite spots for photo sessions: LOCATIONS
WHAT TO WEAR –
Need some tips on what to wear for your upcoming session? No problem. Most people have no idea how to dress and coordinate outfits that will photograph well. Click here to read TOP 10 TIPS ON WHAT TO WEAR
POSING TIPS –
Whether you are getting ready to say ‘I DO’, or taking your family to the beach for some fun candid photos, there are a few basic things to keep in mind. Everyone wants to put their best face forward and look the most flattering in front of the camera. With these 3 simple tips you can master your stance so that every photo of you is flattering without looking ‘too posed’. TOP 3 TIPS ON POSING
3. Investment. Family sessions range from $300-$400. For an exact quote please contact me directly. I accept Venmo, Cash, Check, Money order, Visa, and Master card.
4. The Form. I know this part does not sound so exciting…I assure you, all the forms are digital so it just takes a moment. Plus, the more detailed information I have, the more I can cater to your needs to ensure that the final product will be the exactly what you expect (and better!)
Model Release Form : This will need to be filled out prior to your session.
5. Photo session time! By this point, we’ve ironed out all the details. All you need to do is show up looking like a rockstar and HAVE FUN!
6. You can expect your images to be edited, retouched, and available for viewing on an online gallery within 2 weeks max- that’s a promise!
7. Ordering- I offer a wide variety of products: digital files, prints, wall portraits, keepsakes, custom designed albums, etc. Most products you can order right from the online gallery and they will ship directly to you in a few business days. Click here to see all the PRODUCTS OFFERED.
Why choose Melissa?
What my clients are saying:
“Melissa is incredible, to say the very least! She has photographed numerous work events for me, and she took our maternity photos and my daughter’s newborn photos! We LOVE her! Melissa is energetic, sweet, amazing with babies, and so enthusiastic about what she does. You can tell she’s passionate about photography and working with her clients! We honestly cannot say enough good things about Melissa. She is super fast getting the images back to you.. A huge plus! And her creativity is always refreshing. Five stars for sure!” – JILL MARTINELLI
Melissa has been nothing short of great! Starting from her easy to navigate webpage to her quick responses, she is the whole package from A to Z. We were extremely happy with her professionalism, the way she handled our kids, her patience, and ideas she had for the shoot. We booked a mini-shoot with her and definitely ran over our scheduled time, yet she was willing to go the extra mile. The great service didn’t stop there, we were extremely happy with the picture turnout, plus she has been more than accommodating with some additional requests. There is a reason she is all 5 stars on here, and this coming from a very picky person. Thanks Melissa, again for all your hard work and dedication. – DANIEL WALKER
Melissa did an amazing job with our photos! The whole experience was great from booking/communicating, to the day of, and then the images she provided! We had a large group (8 adults and 5 kids) and Melissa handled it like the pro she is! My whole family is very pleased with the process and photos. We will definitely use Melissa Miley photography for any future needs in the Charleston area. -ANGELA REENEE
Melissa photographed our family for long overdue family photos. She was absolutely amazing to work with from the beginning. She gave wonderful direction, and knew all the most beautiful spots for great photos. We have three children ages 8,5, and 1 and she was great with them. She kept them engaged and smiling during the entire session, which was no easy task! Her photos took my breath away and her turn around time for editing was by far the fastest I’ve ever experienced with a professional photographer. We will treasure the moments she captured. Thank you Melissa! -MEAGAN CRUMP
Melissa is super easy to work with and was so sweet even though our dogs were running around like crazy! She captured beautiful family photos and we will definitely work with her again if we are in the area! – DANIELLE LAYTON
We had an amazing time with Melissa for our first baby’s gender reveal! It was something that only took 2 seconds to actually find out, but was caught perfectly in pictures for us to remember forever. It was definitely a warm summer evening and she was so calm and fun. She was overly accomodating when it came to what shots we wanted and made awesome suggestions and creative adjustments accordingly. Everything was so great, the turn around time on pictures, the communication, flexibility of schedule. I’m so happy we found her and we will definitely get in touch when we visit Charleston again! Thanks Melissa!! – JENA GRESS MONTANA
As Featured in: