How does it work?
1. Give me a call or send me an email. We can chat over the phone or meet up for coffee. I want to get to know you and hear your story! CONTACT
2. Prepare for the session. There are a few important things to do and discuss before you get in front of the camera.
LOCATION OPTIONS –
If this is your first time visiting Charleston, or if you are new to the area you may want to take a look at some of my favorite location options. Have a specific location in mind? I am happy to travel to you within a 10 mile radius of Charleston. Outside the area will require an additional travel fee. Click here to check out some of my favorite spots for photo sessions: LOCATIONS
WHAT TO WEAR –
Need some tips on what to wear for your upcoming session? No problem. Most people have no idea how to dress and coordinate outfits that will photograph well. Click here to read TOP 10 TIPS ON WHAT TO WEAR
POSING TIPS –
Whether you are getting ready to say ‘I DO’, or taking your family to the beach for some fun candid photos, there are a few basic things to keep in mind. Everyone wants to put their best face forward and look the most flattering in front of the camera. With these 3 simple tips you can master your stance so that every photo of you is flattering without looking ‘too posed’. TOP 3 TIPS ON POSING
3. Investment. To see wedding and engagement pricing, click HERE. For an exact quote please contact me directly. I accept Venmo, Cash, Check, Money order, Visa, and Master card.
4. The Form. I know this part does not sound so exciting…I assure you, all the forms are digital so it just takes a moment. Plus, the more detailed information I have, the more I can cater to your needs to ensure that the final product will be the exactly what you expect (and better!)
Model Release Form :This will need to be filled out prior to your session.
5. Photo session time! By this point, we’ve ironed out all the details. All you need to do is show up looking like a rockstar and HAVE FUN!
6. You can expect your images to be edited, retouched, and available for viewing on an online gallery within 2 weeks max- that’s a promise!
7. Ordering- I offer a wide variety of products: digital files, prints, wall portraits, save-the-dates, keepsakes, custom designed albums, engagement announcements etc. Most products you can order right from the online gallery and they will ship directly to you in a few business days. Click here to see all the PRODUCTS OFFERED.
Why choose Melissa?
What my clients are saying:
No joke, my engagement pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Melissa is so talented, wonderful to work with, organized, quick to respond and quick to edit and get the pictures back to you. – ADRIANE WATKINS
Melissa was excellent! She is not your typical photographer behind the lens. She takes every detail and captures stunning photos. She is professional and personable – making our engagement photo shoot fun and exciting! She truly cares about her clients. Thanks
My husband and I took our first vacation alone to Charleston after 2 kids and 5 years of marriage. We never had professional pictures done of us and decided it was time. Melissa was amazing. Not only did she capture amazing photos but she made the entire experience very easy and so much fun. Everything felt very natural and we had the best time with Melissa. -ALLESANDRA MARINI
My husband and I had pictures with Melissa this morning and were so impressed with our experience. Melissa made it easy to get comfortable and was quick to offer suggestions on posing and the best spots for pictures. We both enjoyed our time taking pictures and now are just eager to see all of them. We would recommend Melissa to anyone looking for great pictures and a comfortable easy photo session. Thank you Melissa so much! – ELAINA RIFFE
“Melissa did an amazing job photographing our wedding! She was very professional and directed the wedding party for the best shots. Most of my friends who have gotten married wait at least a month or more to get their photos back. Not Melissa! After a week and a half, a beautiful slideshow (that my husband and I cried to) and the entire online photo album was ready. I would definitely recommend her for any event!” – AMANDA REYNOLDS
Melissa photographed our wedding this past May and did an amazing job! From day 1 she was so easy to work with. She’s so sweet and bubbly, and she makes you feel like she’s so happy to be there on your special day. Our photos were breathtaking. I even received comments that they looked like something out of a magazine. We will cherish them forever. – ALAINA WINGERTSAHN
“Melissa Miley was absolutely fabulous!!!!! She is so sweet and professional! She jumped right in and helped out like she was family! The pictures are just breathtaking! We had the wedding on Folly Beach and the breeze was a going but we still had awesome pictures!!! Thank you so much Melissa, you’re definitely our family photographer now!!!!” – JENNIFER MULLINAX
As Featured in: